The Barefaced 10CR250 driver. This is totally unique design, the product of a long design process by myself (Alex @ Barefaced) and Jerry (Chief Engineer) at Eminence. It isn’t a 10” version of our 12XN driver, it share the same goals of wide dispersion and high volume displacement but aims for a warmer fatter more characterful tone.
The Hybrid Resonator enclosure. Another design that’s unique to Barefaced, this dual-tuned semi-aperiodic enclosure allowed us to increase the efficiency of the 10CR driver without losing bass response or needing a huge cabinet. Those changes also increased the bandwidth of the driver.
It has a top quality low distortion tweeter - nothing radical or unique, just not skimping on costs.
It has a custom made crossover, designed here at Barefaced, based on detailed measurements of on and off-axis frequency magnitude and phase and impedance magnitude and phase of the drivers, and then simulation of the crossover designs before building and testing and measuring again.
Despite the powerful ceramic magnet woofer and tweeter, and big complex crossover, the One10T manages to be incredibly light at only ~8kg / 18lbs - this is due to Barefaced’s pioneering use of dual-density plywood and complex CNC machined construction, to make an ultra-lightweight cab that’s still gig tough.
And finally, regardless all of the engineering innovation, materials science, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, wave theory and lab measurements, we come back to the fact that we play music, I play bass, and I want something that SOUNDS awesome. It does. Job done.
- • 10CR extended-range driver - twice the output of a good bass 10"
- • APT80 high output low distortion tweeter
- • Custom designed 4th order low F3 crossover
- • Fully variable HF control - from original One10 tone to absolute clarity
- • Hybrid Resonator enclosure
- • Single resonator outlet on base/side
- • Rotatable design to suit tonal and aesthetic preferences
- • Side strap handle
- • Base and side rubber feet
- • Nickel-plated 2/3-sided steel corners
- • Dual parallel combi speakon + 1/4” sockets
- • Updated design for neater vertical stacking with Two10S
- • Heavy duty black tolex
- • Powder-coated black steel grill - damped mounting for zero buzz at war volume
- • New Barefaced "script" badge
- • Optional high strength black or silver cloth grill
- • White piping and damped friction/velcro fit on cloth grills
- • Dozens of custom tolex or grill cloth choices (NB: Longer lead times)
(H W D)
|38cm x 29cm x 28cm
15" x 11.5" x 11"
|Steel||8.5kg / 18lbs|
|Cloth||8kg / 17lbs|
|Max amp power||250W RMS (500W clean)|
|Frequency range||30Hz - 20kHz|
|Nominal impedance||8 ohms|