A guitar cab revolution
It’s a single 10” driver with a bigger warmer tone than a closed-back 1x12” but the room-filling clarity and air of an open-backed cab. It’s so light it weighs less than a guitar in a case and so small it’s almost airline hand luggage! Go with the British voicing for a meatier tone with singing highs or the American tonality for a more bluesy vintage tone for clean rhythm and driven lead tones.
Barefaced AVD - it isn’t a closed or open-backed cab, or even ported - this is brand new patent pending technology. This “Augmented Vent Diffractor” has two main functions:
1. It allows mid and high frequencies from the rear of the cone to pass through its slot, be diffracted, be coupled to the room by the waveguide, and spread around the room for hugely improved audibility
2. At low frequencies it acts as a Helmholtz resonator, vastly improving the efficiency and power handling in the lows
And three further benefits
1. It improves the sound of the speaker by breaking up internal reflections that muddy the tone in conventional guitar cabs
2. It allows us to add a low-cut filter so you can switch from closed-back style weighty fatness to open-backed style lean tightness.
3. The low-cut filter reduces the demands on the speaker and the amp, making the sound cleaner and/or allowing increased output to get your preferred speaker and power valve overdrive.
- • Innovative internal design - Barefaced AVD enclosure for superior audibility, efficiency and power handling
- • Low-cut filter toggle switch
- • Two different voicings - choose from British or American sounding drivers.
- • British Racing Green tolex, and either a black (British) or silver (American) cloth grill with white piping.
- • Single top strap handle
- • Rubber feet on base
- • Dual combi 1/4” + speakon sockets